AMSOIL introduces a new 0W-40 viscosity to the Signature Series line.
Muscle cars ruled the American landscape in the 1960s and ‘70s, and many of those signature models, such as the Dodge Challenger and Charger, are now available in faster, more powerful designs. In this day and age, it’s not uncommon to find production models that top 600 horsepower and 600 pound-feet (lb-ft) of torque. In fact, the 2015 Challenger Hellcat is the fastest production muscle car of all time, kicking out 707 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque.
Powerful muscle car and big truck engines need a high-performance lubricant designed for todays engine and not the engines of 1960s and ‘70s.
New Signature Series 0W-40
Along with the new 5W-50 viscosity formulated for high-horsepower Ford Mustang engines that AMSOIL introduced in January 2015. AMSOIL now adds to the Signature Series line to include a robust 0W-40 synthetic motor oil formulated specifically for high-horsepower Chrysler and Nissan engines. AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil (AZF) provides top-of-the-mark protection and performance that customers expect from Signature Series.
- Withstands the stress of high horsepower and heat to provide outstanding wear protection
- Resists viscosity loss due to mechanical shear
- Resists thermal breakdown
- Helps prevent sludge deposits and keeps engines clean
- Reduces oil consumption and emissions
- Maximizes fuel economy
Signature Series 0W-40 is recommended for Chrysler and Nissan applications calling for a 0W-40 viscosity and requiring the following performance specifications:
- API SN, SM…
- Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850
- Nissan GT-R®
Applications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Dodge Charger 6.1L/6.4L
- Dodge Challenger 6.1L/6.4L
- Dodge Viper 8.3L/8.4L
- Dodge Ram 2500/3500/4400/5500 6.4 L
- Chrysler 300 6.1L/6.4L
- Jeep SRT Grand Cherokee 6.1L/6.4L
- Nissan GT-R 3.8L
- Normal Service – Up to 25,000 miles, 700 hours of operation or one year, whichever comes first, in personal vehicles not operating under Severe Service.
- Severe Service – Up to 15,000 miles, 700 hours of operation or one year, whichever comes first.
Severe Service: Primarily short trips (less than 10 miles [16 km]); turbo/supercharged engines; commercial or fleet vehicles; excessive idling; first-time use of AMSOIL motor oil in a vehicle with more than 100,000 miles; frequent towing, hauling, plowing or driving in dusty conditions.